Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Scramble Time - No Foolin'!

To celebrate April Fool's day, Kim hosted a Scramble on the Hero Arts Flickr Group using the date 4-1-2012:  Four like elements, 1 patterned paper, 2 colors (minimum), 0 black, 1 ribbon, 2 stamps (minimum).  I managed to get two cards done.  With Easter coming up, I quickly did two Easter cards using the same stamps.  Here they are:
Sorry for the shadowy photo - it's past 7pm here - that's my excuse!  I used 4 Hero Arts flowers, Picadilly paper from Basic Grey, green and buttercup for my colors, Crushed Olive for the ink, May Arts ribbon, and 3 stamps - an Easter bunny from an Archiver's set by Hero Arts, the Newspaper Background from Hero Arts, and a sentiment from Celebrate Everyday by Hero Arts.

Here's card 2 - yes, I was quick!
This one had 4 buttons - would've added thread but ran out of time.  This time the Newspaper Background is stamped on the rectangle with the sentiment stamped over it.  I raised this panel up with foam dots over the patterned paper - a different piece from Picadilly by Basic Grey.  A different green ribbon and a bright pink card base - done!  Well, two cards done for Easter - I'd better get hopping though (LOL) if I'm going to get the rest done and in the mail by Wednesday!

Thanks to Kim for a fun Scramble!  I'll be back soon with my post of week 2 from Tim Holtz's online class....

5 comments:

Virginia L. said...

Love your use of the pattern paper! What great cards for Easter, Linda! Too bad that I missed the Scramble ( too much going on at this time on Sunday)! Glad that you had fun! xo

stampingandstitching said...

Whenever I'm able to take part in the scrambles, I'm lucky to get one card made not to mind two! So well done on managing to create two in that short space of time!

Your first card is so pretty and cute! Love the little bunny peeking over the sentiment and the big flowers go perfectly with the pretty bg pp! Love the design and colours on your second card. The buttons are such a lovely touch and tie everything together so well!

Maureen Morton said...

I can't believe that you made these TWO amazing cards! Your talent must be really flowing. Love them both, but that bunny has my heart. I forgot about him - need to get him out for this season! Great with the white flowers. Wish I could do a scramble, we are gone on weekends. Both too cute!

Greta said...

What a scramble theme--love it! Can't believe you could come up with 2 cards & both are great!

Brenda said...

That looked like it was a fun challenge! I love your pretty cards with that gorgeous Piccadilly paper!