Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Sending Sunshine and Laughter

Hey there - I was home from work (doctor's orders, can you believe it?) today.  Nothing serious - just went to urgent care last night feeling rough; doctor decided effects of dehydration.  Really people, remember to drink plenty of water on these hot, humid days - guess I was forgetting....

Thankfully I felt well enough by this evening to crank out a card for someone at work who needs a lift.  I was inspired by this fun card by Jennifer McGuire to incorporate some clouds and a sun into my card.  I'm still playing with new Hero Arts goodies, especially my envelope liner background - so fun!!  Here's the card:

Sunshine and Laughter I just love those Fiskars cloud punches; I used Bazzill dotted swiss card stock for them. The envelope liner was stamped with Salty Ocean Distress Ink - really added some life to the bluish Basic Grey paper. Thanks for stopping - stay cool and drink plenty o' water, my friends!

7 comments:

Greta said...

Glad you're feeling better, Linda! Boy is that a neat bg & I love this card!

Barb said...

The envie liner sure makes a fun sky, Linda! Love your clouds and sun too! Dehydration can be very scary - I'm glad you're taking it easy!

Dawn T said...

what a super card Linda. Glad you are better... keep up the fluids. That background looks awesome. Gives the look of so much texture.

Lin said...

LOVE how this turned out, Linda, from top to bottom! And thanks for the reminder about drinking enough water....hope you're tip-top today!

Robin K. said...

How scary Linda! Glad you're doing better:). I absolutely love how fab that envie liner sky looks!!

Maureen Morton said...

Wonderful textured background for these cute elements, Linda. Drink up, girlfriend....we don't want you to dry up and blow away! Scary! Love this colorful and happy card.

Virginia L. said...

Hope you are feeling better and hydrated!! Not good to feel dry and yucky! My problem is also that I do not drink enough liquids! So thanks for the reminder! I love your darling card! That new envy stamp is lovely! So glad to see it in use and it is on my want list!