Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Barb's Surprise Blog Hop

Hello and welcome to our blog hop celebrating the birthday (October 28th) of our dear friend, Barb! 

 Virginia organized this fun hop, inviting all the Hero Hostess alumni who recently attended ScrapFest with Barb.  It's already 10/28 at Virginia's house so let the celebration begin!!  If you’ve arrived from the oh-so talented Judy’s blog, you’re on the right track.  Here is the full blog hop order if you’d like to start at the beginning:

 Marcy

Nancy

Judy

LindaW. (you are here!)

Lin

Kathy

Virginia

I met Barb in person back in 2010 after meeting her online through the Hero ArtsFlickr Group.  Barb is known for being a positive, kind person who encourages everyone in the group.  Lucky me – I live in the same metro area as Barb so we can get together to shop (usually at Archiver’s).  We always have fun and spend way too much money!!

Today we are sharing birthday cards we made for sweet Barb – here’s mine:

Happy Birthday Barb
 
Barb likes blue – check out her photostream – so I wanted to do a blue card.  I started with some Hero Arts Sea Layering papers (three shades of blue in the pack – I used two of them).  The light blue background panel is stamped with the Hero Arts cling stamp “Life of the Party Words” using Neon Blue ink.  The patterned paper strip is a fun piece from Little Yellow Bicycle’s Splash paper pad.  I stamped and cut the label using a Hero Arts for Archiver’s Stamp and Cut set.  I actually cut three labels – dark blue, white and light blue.  Just stamped on the light blue one and then cut it down, layered on white, cut that one down and layered on dark blue with foam tape.  The sentiment is from a different Stamp and Cut set – that one has a label too but I liked this one better for Barb’s card.  Embellished with some gems and pearls – done!

Happiest of birthdays to you, Barb!  Hope you enjoyed our little surprise!!

Next stop in the hop - the amazing Lin’s blog.  Thanks for hopping with us!  And if anyone wants to make a card to celebrate Barb and link it to our hop, please see the end of Virginia’s post.

17 comments:

Dawn T said...

beautiful card Linda. Barb is going to be thrilled with this one. It is gorgeous.

Barb said...

You guys are the best!! What a surprise, Linda! Can't believe you all did this for me! I received your card in the mail yesterday and it is so beautiful! I love all the blue! The layered labels look so cool and the tiny gems are perfectly placed! Thank you, my friend! Sending hugs! :)

Virginia L. said...

YAY! WE did it! Looks like Barb was quite surprised! I love how you make this BLUE card with so many beautiful elements. You sure know Barb well! Hope you have fun singing in the choir ;) BIG hugs to you, Linda!

Linda said...

Barb is gonna love the color on your B-day card! I like it very much!

Brenda said...

Barb's going to love your Birthday card to her Linda! It's so beautiful in blue!

Lin said...

Beautiful blues, Linda! Barb will be so tickled!

judkajudi said...

Beautiful beauty in Blue!! I know Barb will love it. It's been fun working with Hosti again!

Kathy (krolski) said...

Great card Linda. Love the blues and it looks like Barb loved it too! Hope your singing goes well!

MarcyK924 said...

How gorgeous Linda! That card is so BARB! I'm so glad we pulled this off! It was so much fun meeting you, and I chuckle when I think of you because I kept asking if you were going back to the hotel! I must have really wanted you to! LOVE the photos in your photostream of all of us! Hugs, Marcy

Unknown said...

A very special card, Linda!!! What a fun surprise and so well pulled off!

Renee V said...

Wow, really gorgeous blues!! Great birthday card, I'm sure Barb will love it :)

Martha said...

Linda, this is BEAUTIFUL! Barb will love it!

GrammySue's Creations said...

Hi Linda, Beautiful card--love your design. Barb will love this card.

sheila said...

oh wow Linda...this blue is spectacular! I love the whole blue card with the fun colorful border through it. really great design.

donna mikasa said...

Beautiful card, Linda! I love the blues and I'm sure Barb will, too!

Maureen Morton said...

What a great card for a great gal from a great friend! This is so lovely - I know Barb lived it. That added touch of bling is perfect. You are such a dear to do this, and so beautifully. Love it!

Greta said...

I know Barb loved this bright, cheery, beautiful card!