Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Another Die Cut Diva Challenge Entry

Die Cut Divas are using GREEN in their challenge this month.  I created this Easter card today and lo and behold, I have green fringed grass on it!  Yay - I have another entry for this month.

The main image is a fun new "rabbit with carrot" die-cut from Hero Arts for Silhouette.  I cut Mr. Bunny on Hero Arts blush designer paper, gave him a googly eye, a bit of cotton for is tail and a pink gem for his nose.

Happy Easter Bunny
 
Since I was die-cutting on the Silhouette, I made a whole sheet of items with the blush designer paper, including the butterfly on this next card.  The butterfly is a design by Totally Jamie that comes with several others in a set.  This card was made for a fun Scramble with Barb to use a tic-tac-toe grid for the elements you needed to include.  I used the row with twine, patterned paper and washi tape, although some of the other grid items landed on my project (colors pink & green, pearls, die cuts).  The bold flower die is Hero Art's Chrysanthemum fancy die; I popped it onto some fun patterned paper and cut a mat around it.  Both cards use the Easter sentiment from a great Hero Arts clear set:  CL498 Celebrate Everyday.
  

Butterfly Easter
 
Well, I'm feeling better having started my Easter cards but I still have more to make.  Off I go to keep working.  Thanks for stopping - hope you're having a great weekend and thanks to Barb for a fun Scramble today!!

7 comments:

Barb said...

I love that darling bunny, Linda! Makes such a cute Easter card!

So glad you played in the scramble today, my friend! Love the bold pink and green, and your butterfly goes perfectly with the gorgeous flower!

Dawn T said...

Too cute Linda. Love your little bunny and the bold flower card is totally stunning. Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas

Arlene said...

I hadn't seen your bunny card, which is so cute! You got to love a bunny with a cute fuzzy tail.

Love the Chrysanthemum fancy die. Gosh, so much I want. LOL. I love how you used that die and that wonderful butterfly.

Maureen Morton said...

Love these, Linda! That bunny looks like he was caught red-handed - guilty, for sure. These are both so fun and full of spring life! Happy Easter to you!

Pajalu said...

Linda these two cards are just wonderful. I think the bunny is very cute & the butterfly card is gorgeous. Thank you for playing along with us at Die Cut Divas.

Sally said...

Both of these are truly "happy" Easter cards, Linda! Love that bunny - too cute, and the butterfly with the flower is so pretty!
Please stop by my blog when you have a chance - I've nominated you for a Liebster Award.
Happy Easter, Linda!

stampingandstitching said...

Oh my goodness Linda, your Easter Bunny card is just adorable and put such a big smile on my face! I love the soft and pretty pp you used and all the extra details are fab - the googly eye, cute nose and just LOVE that fluffy tail!

Your butterfly card is so pretty! Wonderful layering and combination of elements! Wow to making this card for Barb's scramble - I'd never manage to make something so gorgeous in 90 minutes or even in more than 90 minutes!