Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Saturday, March 9, 2013

It's Scramble Time!!

Hi all - I'm hosting today's Scramble over at the Hero Arts Flickr group.  If you're checking this out around 1 p.m. USA PST, it just started so come on over.  It only lasts 90 minutes so if you're stopping by later than 2:30 PDT, you won't be able to play but you can check out the cards people created.  For Scramble details, go here.  If you're new to Scrambling, you get a theme and have 90 minutes to create, photograph, upload and post your card.  Here are the sample cards I created for the Scramble using the theme Embossing Technique.  I used two kinds of embossing - powder and folder, and yes - I did my cards within the established time limit :)

Card 1 uses Hero Arts Tall Flowers - a cling stamp I just love!  I white powder embossed the flowers then colored them with various Distress Markers and shaded with Copics (C1 & C3).

Scramble sample 1 for quickcard55


On card 2 I used an embossing folder; this one is from Hero Arts/Sizzix and is patterned after the Hero Arts Magical Background cling stamp.  I also embossed the sentiment using clear ep over some yummy Distress Ink.  I just love the large script for the sentiments in Hero Arts clear set Fancy Basics!

Scramble sample 2 for quickcard55

What's your favorite embossing technique?  Have you ever done the embossing with the little gold templates and the light box?  I have a bunch of them but don't use them much - may have to pull them out again!  Thanks for stopping!!

8 comments:

ThePurplePlace said...

Both cards are wonderful! I just realized today that we both share the same PASSION for the color PURPLE!! Isn't is the best!! I sure think so!!

I had such a great time with your scramble and really enjoy them. SO happy I realized I had the times mixed up and that I could play!!

Thanks for the FUN!! I'm also now a new blog follower!!

Hugs,
Lisa

Virginia L. said...

Your cards are absolutely gorgeous, Linda! They are perfect samples for the Scramble Challenge! Thanks so much for the hosting! It was thoroughly enjoyed by ALL :)

Barb said...

It sure was a fun scramble, Linda! A great theme and an awesome turn out too! Love both your cards! The Tall Flowers never looked so pretty and I love that big sentiment on your gorgeous purple background! Thanks for hosting today, my friend!

Dawn T said...

Sounds like a great scramble Linda... I'm sorry to have missed it. Your samples are stunning.

CinnamonSally said...

Sorry I missed the scramble Linda, I really love your sample cards particularly the top one, I have that stamps and haven't really made a card I like with it yet! You have inspired me to have another go!

Brenda said...

Oh gosh, those tall flowers Linda are just so beautiful and I love how you coloured them in, stunning! (So sorry I missed the scramble, but I really needed to catch up on some sleep and 11pm just took too long to come around!)

Pearl said...

What fun cards! I love the colors in the first one!

Maureen Morton said...

These are stunning! Would love to have joined you with these sweet inspirations.....that flower card that you so beautifully colored has my heart. For real! You are a dear to share this sweet inspiration, Linda. Wow.