Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Happy Mail and a poppy card

Lucky me - another day off after Labor Day!  And what a beautiful day, weatherwise - sunny but not too hot.  I used the day to get a thank you off to Heather Maria for this great batch of goodies I received from her last week. 


Heather stamped some quilt squares to color, die cut me a "Wedding Vow" silhouette (how intricate!!) and some library pockets, included some purple washi and dazzlers, colorful brads, and a blazing poppies stamp.  But look at that ribbon scarf she knitted!  What a beauty!!  I can't wait for it to cool off here so I can wear it.  And what a gorgeous card - just love the twine and buttons!

After I hit the post office with a package to Heather, I ran to Archiver's for some fun new Lawn Fawn embellies, had lunch at Smashburger, then came home to make a card using my new Blazing Poppies from Heather.  It's by IndigoBlu - just love this image!  Here's my card:

happy birthday poppies

Don't think I did it justice but I colored with my Copics, matted it on a piece of Basic Grey paper and popped it onto some Hero Arts celadon layering paper.  Sentiment is from a Hero Arts clear set CL661, It's Your Day.  Added Doodlebug pearls to the poppy centers.

Thanks for stopping!  Hope you have a crafty week!!

4 comments:

Barb said...

Heather is gonna love that card, Linda! So sweet of her to send you such awesome goodies! That's an IndigoBlu stamp, isn't it? - soon to be sold over at Simon Says Stamp - you colored it beautifully!

stampingandstitching said...

It's great to hear you're enjoying your extra long weekend so much and have managed to squeeze in lots of inky time:) Your card is absolutely gorgeous! Your colouring is wonderful, as I knew it would be, and I love the design! Those pearls are gorgeous in the flower centres! I'm so glad that you're enjoying the little package of goodies:) I see from Barb's comment that IndigoBlu is going to be stocked in SSS - lol I'll have to track down another company that isn't sold in shops over there so I can send you different kinds of things! I know your MN winters are very long, so I hope it doesn't cool down too much and too quickly for you over there!

Dawn T said...

what a lovely gift from Heather. You are very lucky. And your card is delightful. It's a lovely stamp and you have coloured it beautifully.

Maureen Morton said...

So fun to have such great crafting pals! Great story and what a knock-out card. Thanks for sharing.