Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Christmas decorations galore

I love Christmas decorating - just inside, not out.  We've never been ones to decorate outside, other than a simple wreath on the door.  But I just love my Christmas trees and ornaments!!  I've posted in past years but there's always something new to share :)

This year I have a new tree for the family room - it's a 7' slim tree which makes it impossible to layer 2 and 3 ornaments on a branch like I enjoy doing on my big ol' chunky tree.  Well, it's so much work to put up, I didn't even bother to do the chunky tree this year!  I'm really enjoying the slim tree.  I have to share a special new ornament I received from my friend Heather in Ireland.  You may remember I had the chance to visit Heather and her family in May - had the time of my life and I'm sorry I'm not there now to enjoy Heather's fabulous cooking!  Anyway, yesterday a thick package arrived from across the pond - thanks Heather!!! The cross ornament was in the package along with a bunch of other goodies:

ornament closeup

It came from Newbridge Silver which is a beautiful shop we visited when I was in Ireland.  Engraved on the cross  is the Irish phrase Nollaig shona duit = "Merry Christmas to you" according to Google Translate.  And on the bottom half it says Nollaig faoi shéan is faoi shonas duit = "December under denied under you happy" according to Google Translate.  Huh???  So I asked Heather and she says that it is a traditional greeting that means "A prosperous and happy Christmas to you."  She assured me there was no denial involved - LOL!

On the left is the Irish angel ornament Heather sent me last year - love it!  When I showed Heather the photo, she admired the red and white birdhouse - it's a Hallmark ornament, so sweet.  And here's the entire tree:

slim tree

My brother was unloading some of his decorations and I ended up with the crystal angel topper.  You can't see in the photo but she's holding a long trumpet - so gorgeous!  And can you see the umbrella at the top of the stairs?  I had to use it at the bus stop - it was 35F and raining in MN - crazy weather!!

Here's my other new item - a table top ornament holder that looks so old fashioned with its heavy embossed metal base and cookie cutter topper:

ornament holder

My other trees are similar to the past so I won't bother showing them again.  And where's a card you ask?  
Here's another card I made using the fun Hero Arts clear set Frosty Wishes.  It had a matching die set that must've gone like hotcakes since they aren't in the shop right now.  I actually wish I'd bought more die sets - you could really make a bunch at a time if you had more dies.  It's a bit of a pain to cut one twig arm at a time if you're thinking of mass producing.  Of course, if I knew how to do it, I could cut a bunch on the Silhouette....

Winter sparkle snowman

Hope you're enjoying the holiday season - I certainly am!  Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

stampingandstitching said...

Yay Linda, I'm delighted you got a chance to do a Christmas post! Love seeing your pretty Christmas tree and ornament holder and having a peek at the gorgeous ornaments and tree topper. Glad you like the ornament and lol I still have to giggle at Google translate! Brr 35F and rain doesn't sound like fun!

As you already know I just LOVE this adorable card - thanks again so much for it and everything else:) Hope you have a wonderful Christmas:):):)