Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Saturday, July 11, 2015

More penguins!

I'm excited to be a Guest Designer at Merry Monday for this week and next! We're making penguin cards for Wendy's challenge and I hope you can join us.

I can't get enough of penguins lately and, after being inspired by Kristie's darling card here, I ordered a bunch of stuff from Whimsy Stamps. I placed my order on Monday as soon as I saw Kristie's card and I had my package on Thursday - woo hoo, great service!! I stamped a bunch of stuff Thursday night right away but didn't have time to finish a card until last night. I finally got a good photo this morning. Here's my card:

Penguin with Earmuffs

Supplies: Hero Arts latte card and snowflake gem, Basic Grey Aspen paper,Doodlebug  Kraft in Color paper, 
MME Wood paper,  Spellbinders die, Whimsy Stamps, Distress Inks; Neenah cardstock, Glossy Accents, Copics

I stamped and die cut the skating penguin from Whimsy Stamps Penguin Fun. My MISTI made it easy to get a deep black on my penguin. A bonus - the eyes come as a separate stamp so I stamped them in blue then added black pearls for the pupils. Then I colored the beak and skates with Copics and added the earmuffs from the same set. So... there my penguin sat - what to do with him?? I saw this post by Sandi and she referenced a My Favorite Things sketch that I liked. Here is is:

                                             

I love sketches and don't use them enough. Wonderful designers come up with these great patterns and it only makes sense to use them! I replaced the banner with a solid strip, the circle became a scalloped oval and I stamped/clear embossed the sentiment right on the background paper.

Thanks for stopping and be sure to visit Merry Monday for some amazing cards by their Design Team and the other participants. Have a great weekend!!

1 comment:

Lin said...

Isn't he a cutie! Great to hear about a company with such great service - will go check them out, too!