Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Monday, August 17, 2015

Snowy Trees

Happy, or should I say Merry, Monday! Ahhhh, it's great to have a Monday off and the first thing I did was check out Merry Monday. Debbie's challenge for the next two weeks is to use Light Green, Dark Green, and Red on your card.


I just love the inspiration photo with the colorful M&Ms. Yummy! Well, I had several different ideas running through my mind but ended up white embossing a trio of snowy evergreens and watercoloring them the two shades of green, using Mowed Lawn and Pine Needles Distress Markers. The stamp, Three Tree Christmas, by Hero Arts was from their 2009 release. I just love the sentiment from this set: "May your holidays be filled with happiness and good cheer." I use it on a lot of card interiors. Then I decided to add a Polaroid frame (Simon Says Stamp's Holiday Frames) cut in red for the red element of my card. Behind the "Christmas" is some dotted lime green BoBunny paper. The other patterned papers are also BoBunny from their Christmas Collage 6x6 pad. I cut a stitched circle (by Sizzix) as a base for a snowflake gem. 

Here's my card:
Snowy trees


Now that I look at it, I wish I had placed the polaroid up a bit further up on the card - oh well... I was happy with the watercoloring, though - I thought the Hickory Smoke Distress ink made a lovely shadow and I used Tumbled Glass for the sky.

Be sure to check out all the merry inspiration using Light Green, Dark Green, and Red over on Merry Monday - the DT over there rocks it every time!! By finding Merry Monday, I'm now at 54 Christmas cards! Really feels good to be ahead of the game!!

Thanks for stopping and have a crafty week!


12 comments:

Dawn T said...

gorgeous card Linda. It is just so Christmassy with the greens and red.

Bonnie said...

I love these trees, Linda! They make such a pretty scene! The Christmas frame is perfect to show them off! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

Diane said...

Very lovely image and layers Linda.

Hugs Diane

Creating with Susan said...

Gorgeous!! Those trees are perfect and I love all the detail - beautiful!

Cat Craig said...

Linda, what a fabulous card. Those trees are soooo pretty, and the layout/design is perfect.

Lauren said...

This is a stunning card, so vibrant and pretty!

laurie said...

Those trees are beautiful! Gorgeous card!

Linda said...

Beautiful card. So elegant.

Heather Hopson said...

What a gorgeous card. I would love to receive one like this. Your watercoloring is perfect!

Marcia Hill said...

Beautiful card Linda! Those snowy trees are gorgeous and I love how you framed them with Polaroid frame in red...lovely, lovely card!! :0)

Wendy said...

Linda, this card is gorgeous!!! Love the scene you created and the lovely colors! Very pretty! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Monday! :)

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Wow! LOVE your watercolouring and white embossing - so pretty!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Merry Monday.

Deanne :)