Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Thursday, November 26, 2015

Happy Thanksgiving!

If you're celebrating in the US today, Happy Thanksgiving! I'm sitting here watching the big parade on television; no cooking for me today - we're going to the Afton House Inn for Thanksgiving dinner - yummy!

I made five different styles of Thanksgiving cards this year but I'll share two here - first up, the invitation I used to invite friends (more like family to me) to join the celebration at Afton House Inn.

Thanksgiving invite
Supplies: Hero Arts stamps CL886 Color Layering Fall Trees, DC150 Happy Stamp & Cut, 
CL179 Sparkle Clear Party; Lawn Fawn Happy Everything
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Gathered Twigs, Fossilized Amber, Carved Pumpkin, Tumbled Glass

I just love the new fall Hero Arts layering tree stamp! And it'll work well for a winter card I'm planning! On the inside, I used more stamps from the Party set - a plate with silverware and "where" and "when" for me to hand write the details of my event. I made the next card for my parents who are across the country enjoying Thanksgiving with cousin Jon and company.

Thanksgiving Blessings
Supplies: BoBunny paper; 3M glitter tape; Stamps - Hero Arts: CL799 Thankful for you, 
CL119 Happy Thanksgiving; Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Ground Espresso; Copic markers

Hope you're having a wonderful day! I'm thankful today for a great family, fabulous friends, and the freedom to enjoy life - including crafting! Thanks for stopping!

4 comments:

Virginia L. said...

BEAUTIFUL Thanksgiving cards, Linda! Each one is made with love and such skills! Wish you a very Happy Thanksgiving Day! Enjoy some turkey for me (we had our Thanksgiving back in October already).

!neke said...

Great thanksgiving cards !
We do not have it here in the Netherlands !!!!
Ineke X

Sally said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you, Linda! Both cards are so creative; love the rich Autumn colors!

Dawn T said...

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving Linda