Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Thursday, February 11, 2016

Shaker cards!

Finally - I made my first two shaker cards! Over the years I've purchased a bunch of shaker elements - domed acrylic pieces, beads, etc. Last year I even bought a Fuse tool and had yet to use it! Then I received my January 2016 My Monthly Hero kit from Hero Arts. I thought it would be fun to make a heart shaped packet to put behind the heart die from the kit. Here's card #1:

be my valentine

I stamped a top fold card (made with Hero Arts punch layering paper) with Simon Says Stamp heart background. I die cut the heart window with pop-up scallops using 2 dies from the MMH kit (sold out). The shaker filler was from the kit too and the valentine die was from a separate add-on. This card went to my friend Heather Maria and her family; she let me know she received it on Tuesday.

While card #1 was still in the mail, we had a Scramble with Betty on the Hero Arts Flickr group. I loved her theme with an inspiration photo and decided to try shaker card #2. This time I used the acrylic panel provided in the MMH kit behind the heart opening. After diecutting the top panel, I positioned it over the grey piece to set where my XOXO would go. Used my MISTI tool for stamping - LOVE!! Then I white embossed it, put the shaker filler over it, lined up foam tape around the back of the heart and adhered over the grey. Love the pink paper by Authentique and the grey is by Doodlebug - matched the subtle grey in the Authentique paper perfectly! 

XOXO

I sent this card to my parents and I was in a bit of a hurry to get it in the mail. I didn't write a single word on the inside or sign it! Guess that means my mom can use it for someone else - LOL!

Hope you're having a crafty week and thanks for stopping by! 

4 comments:

stampingandstitching said...

Linda, both of your shaker cards are fabulous! Love your designs and all the pretty details! Thanks so much again for the fab Valentine, we all love it:) Amazing to think you made your mom and dad's card during a Scramble, it's perfect and I'm sure they will love it!

Lin said...

Love the papers you chose, Linda! Sweet Valentines!

Betty said...

love both your shaker cards Linda - aren't they fun to make?!!

Cat Craig said...

You might be a bit later than others to the shaker scene, but wow you have produced beauties! Fabulous cards Linda.