Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Monday, May 2, 2016

Ombre Snowflakes with Glitter



Seems like the only cards I get posted to my blog are ones linked to Merry Monday - oh well, I do what I can! This week Kristie brings us the challenge of using both ombre and glitter on your Christmas card. I love glitter and went to this Heidi Swapp glitter paper I bought at JoAnn's last week. I started out trying to stamp a text background stamp with an ombre ink pad. Didn't like how that turned out so I decided to try a trio of inks on a large snowflake background.

Here's my card:

Ombre Snowflakes
Supplies: 
Paper: Hero Arts Azure Layering Paper  Neenah Solar White cardstock; Heidi Swapp Glitter paper
Stamps: Hero Arts CG685 Hand Drawn Snowflakes & CL896 Winter Scene (sentiment)
Inks: Hero Arts Cornflower, Stone-wash, Navy; Gems from Michaels
Dies: Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangle; Snowflakes by ??; old Quikcutz label

My ombre was created with three inks - might've like a fourth lighter color at the top, oh well, and the stone-wash to navy is rather subtle. It's hard to see in the photo but the glitter frame is a stitched rectangle diecut. I put my sentiment label atop two snowflakes. The white one came from my friend Heather Maria - thanks again, Heather - and the silver one I cut myself but have no clue who manufactured the die. The packaging is around here somewhere but the die was sitting there in a pile next to my Vagabond so I went with it...

Thanks for stopping and hope you're having a great (and Merry) Monday!! Be sure to pop over to Merry Monday to check out the Design Team's fabulous cards!

16 comments:

Betty said...

so pretty Linda - hope i have time to play this week - crazy busy!

Lin said...

Love the way you ombre-ed the background, Linda! Perfection with the blue and silver!

Karen L K said...

Nice one Linda! Very nice with the ombre blue and silver.

Bonnie said...

Awesome job with the ombre colored snowflakes, Linda! Love how you've put the die cut snowflakes under the sentiment! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

laurie said...

Gorgeous snowflakes! What a pretty card!

Greta said...

Festive & so pretty, Linda!

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous Linda. You've combined the two elements beautifully

Catchy Sketch said...

Such a beautiful delicate snowflake pattern!

Kath said...

A fabulous card - I love your ombre snowflakes.
Kath x

Marcia Hill said...

I love your ombre shades of blue for your snowflake background...SOOO pretty! And all the sparkle makes this such a lovely card!! :0)

Linda said...

Love ombre snowflake card, Linda. Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday.

Kristie Goulet said...

This is gorgeous, Linda! Love the ombre snowflakes! Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday!

Dawn said...

Beautiful, love the snowflakes and the silver sparkle. x

francesca said...

amazing card!! :)

Cat Craig said...

Linda, this is gorgeous. The ombre and silver sparklies go so nicely together.

Susan Joyce said...


Your snowflakes are so pretty and mixed with the silver glitter your card is perfect for the challenge. Thanks for playing at Merry Monday.