Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Sympathy cards for a chorus member's death

I got some sad news - one of our chorus members, Carol, passed away today after a long illness. While arrangements pend, I went ahead and made some sympathy cards with a musical theme. Carol also directed another chorus for over 40 years so I made a card for that chorus as well as her family. Here are my cards:

Pair of Treble clef sympathy cards
Supplies: Paper - Neenah Solar White, Hero Arts folded cards, Tim Holtz watercolor paper
Stamps - Hero Arts CL342 Everyday Sayings, CL476 With Sympathy (lilies), CG279 Musical Clef
Other - Tim Holtz Texture Paste, Distress Inks and Ribbon, Rays Stencil
May Arts ribbon, Penny Black Dancing Leaves die, gems

One of the songs we sing Internationally is "How We Sang Today" written & arranged by Vicki Uhr, another Sweet Adeline. Some of the lyrics include "I'm glad we laughed, I'm glad we loved, I'm glad we sang - Today". I'm glad I knew and had a chance to sing with Carol! Rest in Peace....

5 comments:

Betty said...

beautiful cards Linda - the musical note just is so perfect for your friend's family.

Lin said...

So sorry to hear about the death of your friend, Linda. These cards are perfect!

Greta said...

Beautiful sympathy cards, Linda. I'm so sorry you lost a friend & glad you have fond memories to comfort you.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Such a pretty design Linda. Love both colors... cool background. So sorry for losing a friend.

stampingandstitching said...

Linda, sympathy cards are so hard to make but these are just perfect. Again I'm so sorry for your loss, Carol sounded like a wonderful lady. Your post is a beautiful and moving tribute to Carol RIP.