Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Another Reindeer card and a snow couple

Hi all - I was excited to come home from a meeting last night to find new goodies from Taylored Expressions in my mailbox! They had a new release last week and I ordered the Exercise Grumplings set - so perfect for those who struggle with exercise. I'm planning a birthday card for a friend who likes grumpy quips - I'll start it later today.

So... after last week's Merry Monday challenge to include a Scandinavian element, I looked at Taylored Expressions line for that theme and found a fun cutting plate and an embossing folder to include with my Exercise Grumplings order. I received them too late for that challenge but the embossing folder has reindeer on it - perfect for this week's challenge!! This is my second entry - I'm well on my way to building this year's Christmas stash. Yay!!

Happy Holidays Reindeer
Supplies: Stamps - Inkadinkado 60-31349 Home for Christmas, Hero Arts CL997 Color Layering Snowy Tree (reindeer)
Dies - My Favorite Things Blueprints 20, Simon Says Stamp Bundle of Stitched Shapes, Hero Arts DI310 Color Layering Snowy Tree Frame Cuts (die to match the stamped reindeer)
Embossing Folder - Taylored Expressions Nordic Holiday
Paper - Neenah Solar White and Red, Hero Arts Punch; Ink - Fired Brick Distress Ink, Ranger Archival Watering Can

How cute is that embossing folder?! Just love it! Next, I have a card I sent to my aunt and uncle - their wedding anniversary was Sunday. I thought it would be fun to create a snow couple for them, using a darling retired Hero Arts clear set from 2009 - still in excellent shape due to their awesome quality!

Snow couple
Supplies: Stamps - Hero Arts CL368 Create Your Own Snowman & CL342 Everyday Sayings
Dies - My Favorite Things Blueprints 21, Lawn Fawn Stitched Hillside Borders
Paper - Neenah Solar White; Hero Arts Sea Mix Layering Paper
Other - Copic markers, Scraps of pattern and glitter paper

Thanks for stopping by and remember to check out all the creativity at Merry Monday. Have a wonderful day!

8 comments:

Greta said...

Oh yes indeed--what a wonderful embossing folder you got, Linda! Love your reindeer card (need to try & get one made in time!) & the perfect winter anniversary card--so sweet!

Betty said...

that embossing folder is so great done in red (perfect for a Minnesotan too!) - darling snowman pair too! my HA kit was just mailed today - i must have been on the end of the mailing list!!!

snappy scrappy said...

FAB!

Julia Aston said...

Two lovely winter cards! Wonderful nordic embossed background on your 1st card and cute snow couple on the 2nd! Julia

Rosemary said...

what a wonderful set of cards, linda!! love that fun snow-couple!! what a cute way to honor your aunt and uncle's anniversary!

Bonnie said...

I LOVE that embossing folder and it's as perfect for this card as it would have been for last week's MM challenge! Love that snow couple too. They are perfect for a winter anniversary card!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

The Nordic folder from TE is awesome and I love how you used it here. Cute anniversary card too.

stampingandstitching said...

Beautiful and elegant Christmas card, Linda! The embossed background is gorgeous and the stamped reindeer is perfect with it. You made such an adorable card for your aunt and uncle - love that super cute snow couple!