Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Thursday, February 2, 2017

Valentines for Family & Friends

Hi all - I made so many Valentines for Cards for Hospitalized Kids but I still needed a bunch of cards for family and friends. Old & new goodies from Hero Arts and My Favorite Things came to the rescue along with some fun patterned papers - in no time I had six cards made last night!

Abstract heart duo
Supplies: Sentiment - Hero Arts CL402 Valentine Sayings (from 2010 - a fave)
Dies - Hero Arts DI348 Heart Confetti Fancy Die & DI334 Nesting Hearts Infinity Dies ,
My Favorite Things Die-Namics MFT-1030 Abstract Heart & Blueprints 20 (scalloped rectangle)
Paper - Neenah Solar White, Doodlebug "Sweet Things", American Crafts (glitter paper - from Target Hot Spot bins)

Couldn't decide if I liked the sentiment banner horizontal or angled - what do you think? I just love the new Heart Confetti Fancy Die by Hero Arts! It make a fabulous background, plus you have a bunch of bitty hearts for confetti or for embellishments. To make it a bit more feminine, I ran it through the Vagabond a second time with the MFT scalloped rectangle. Then I couldn't resist the Abstract Heart die released in January by My Favorite Things. Sister Tami makes quilts so I decided to cut and paper-piece a bunch of the hearts - such fun!! I made an extra set of these two cards - my siblings, including sister/friend Connie, will all get this design. My parents are getting the heart bouquet card I made for a recent Scramble. I made the following cards for my aunt and uncle and for a dear friend, Ferne. Ferne always sends out Valentine cards, instead of Christmas cards. One year she got behind on Christmas and didn't get her cards out so she sent Valentines instead. That practice stuck and she's been doing it for decades!

Patterned paper Valentine pair
Supplies: Sentiment - Hero Arts CL402 Valentine Sayings (from 2010 - a fave)
Dies - Hero Arts DI334 Nesting Hearts Infinity Dies & DI198 Rectangle Infinity Dies,
My Favorite Things Die-Namics MFT-1030 Abstract Heart & Blueprints 20 (stitched rectangle)
Paper - Neenah Solar White, Doodlebug "Sweet Things", American Crafts (glitter paper - from Target Hot Spot bins), Michael's Reflections "Vintage Valentine's Day" paper, It Takes Two card front

I had saved an old printed card with the heart basket and decided it was time to upcycle it. A simple stitched mat and a die-cut heart with the sentiment & I was done! Ferne is also a singer so the treble clef patterned paper was perfect for her! I simply added other papers cut in rectangles along with a die cut heart.

Yay - I'm well on my way to finishing this year's Valentines! How are you doing with yours? Thanks for stopping and have a crafty week!!




4 comments:

Jean said...

These are fantastic! I'm enthused by your energy!

snappy scrappy said...

FAB designs!

Rosemary said...

your family and friends are going to love these fantastic valentines, linda!!

Greta said...

Wow--6 in 1 night! Love all your cards, Linda, but especially the ones using the Heart Confetti die--gorgeous! I have enough to mail, but still feel like making Valentines, so I may start on next year's!