Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Monday, March 13, 2017

Copper/Bronze, Gold, & Turquoise

Merry Monday everyone! Time for another challenge - this week from Marcia.

Use Copper/Bronze, Gold and Turquoise on your Christmas Card!



What a beautiful color combo!! The Design Team has some gorgeous inspiration cards this week so be sure to check them out. I wanted to use a new stamp my friend Cat sent me after her recent Scramble on the Hero Arts Flickr Group. She sent me my first ever Altenew stamp - Pine Tree (I since received other stamps from Altenew, already used in a post).

Merry trees
Supplies: Paper - Pop Tone Blu Raspberry, American Crafts Christmas 6x6 pad (music), 
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, the Paper Studio Glitter
Stamps - Altenew Pine Tree
Dies - Hero Arts DC195 Christmas Trimmings Stamp & Cut and DI198 Infinity Rectangles, 
My Favorite Things Die-Namics Blueprints 20
Inks - Distress Oxide Broken China & Cracked Pistachio; Picket Fence Distress Spray

I didn't have any turquoise inks but I wondered about combining Broken China and Cracked Pistachio to get that color - oooo, it worked! Decided to try gold embossing the detail layer of this color layering set. Then I double stamped the solid layer over top, using the two inks - easy to do with the MISTI. The plain colored trees between were second generation, no gold. I blended a bit with a water brush to make it more arty and sprayed with Distress Spray.

The sentiment die is gold glitter paper and the mat behind the trees is copper glitter paper (very different in real life, even though they look the same in the photo...). I found a card base to match my trees and some music paper for another layer. Then I spotted this recycled copper mesh ribbon a friend gave me. Decided it would be perfect over the music paper. Big problem, though, my tree rectangle was warping - oh no! I put some craft foam behind it - that stuff doesn't want to stick! I really struggled!! You can probably see in the photo how it's wanting to curl up on the sides... After the photo I found some super glue dots that seemed to do the trick!

After making my card I had some computer problems so started a reboot and went outside to shovel. I shoveled about 3 inches of snow last night but more fell overnight so I had to clear that, plus snowplow leavings. Typical March in Minnesota - one minute it's pushing 60F, the next day you're in the teens with snow! Finally got my computer back up so I could post this - now off to rehearse chorus music. Thanks for stopping!!



19 comments:

Karen L K said...

Ah super nice Linda! I just love how you did all of the elements. I really like those trees.

Notes by Nina said...

Stunning card Linda, I love your beautiful wintry scene. Thank you for playing along with Merry Monday again this week.

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous Card! Thank you for sharing!

Cindy C. said...

It's gorgeous! Love that gold highlights on the trees!

Betty said...

congrats on your win today at MM - and this looks like another winner. no snow here but bloomin' cold and windy.

snappy scrappy said...

Beautiful!

Jean said...

I love this combination! Gorgeous choices and so Christmas-y! I'm so impressed by how you're able to capture Christmas so wonderfully week after week!

Di said...

Fabulous! I loved reading the steps in making this wonderful card.

xx

CinnamonSally said...

This is beautiful Linda, love seeing all your Christmas cards. Keep Warm !!!

Marcia Hill said...

Lovely, lovely card Linda and so glad you had fun playing with this color combination! Love how you came up with your turquoise color too...it's perfect! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Merry Monday!! :0)

Lin said...

What a luscious mix of colors, Linda! Love your card!

Rosemary said...

holey moley your card is absolutely gorgeous, linda!! you really nailed the color combo!! (congrats on your mm win... very well deserved!!)

Susan Joyce said...

Love the fir tree in turquoise and gold, beautiful Christmas card. Thanks for playing at Merry Monday this week.

Stacy said...

So pretty! I like the embossed "snow" on the trees.

Jen Mitchell said...

This is so beautiful. I love the little peeks of the musical patterned paper and how the trees shimmer with the gold embossing.

Greta said...

Oh wow--this is absolutely gorgeous, Linda--one of my very favorites!

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Wow is right! Absolutely gorgeous card and perfect for the challenge!! Thanks so much for joining us at Merry Monday!

Bonnie said...

Congratulations on your win last week, Linda! This looks like another winner to me!

Rebecca-Jo Unwin said...

This card is very Pretty Linda