Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Saturday, March 25, 2017

More coloring and a sympathy card

Happy Saturday everyone! I'm back today with more coloring for Kathy's 30 Day Coloring Challenge. It's been so rewarding and I've been able to make some cards along the way with my colored items. Here's what I colored Day 16 - 23 (except Day 20, see the card with some coloring here - posted on 3/21):

30 day coloring 16 to 23
Supplies: Copics (mums, animals, flower sprig), Distress Markers (stockings), Crayola pencils (bottom panels)
Marianne (from March 2016 My Monthly Hero kit) & Outlander coloring cards, Hero Arts & Altenew stamps

Last night I created a sympathy card with the mum panel. My friend Heidi called to say that her childhood friend Amy lost her significant other. I don't know Amy that well but we've met enough over the last 20+ years that I wanted to express my sympathy. I die cut the panel with a pierced rectangle from MFT Die-Namics Blueprints 21 and stamped a sentiment from Hero Arts DC194 Ribbon Messages Stamp & Cut. This set includes die cuts that match the printed banners on some of Marianne's panels - love them! The butterfly dies are from Memory Box - Vivienne and Darla. The solid one is really a pale green vellum but it darkened up in the photo.

sympathy mums

I got up early and already colored another Marianne panel for day 24 that I'll share on the 30th with more coloring. That's it for today - thanks for stopping and I hope you have a crafty weekend!!

4 comments:

Greta said...

I'm impressed with your beautiful coloring, Linda & the mums are my favorite! You made them into a gorgeous sympathy card I'm sure will be appreciated. Enjoy the rest of your w/e!

Rosemary said...

I second what Greta wrote, Linda!! Your cards are amazing!!

Bonnie said...

Wonderful job of coloring Linda! The butterfly is so pretty perched on the mums! I'm sure your friend will really appreciate hearing from you!

Jean said...

Well done and that card is stunning!