Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Friday, March 3, 2017

Tag You're It on Simon Says Stamp

Happy Friday everyone! Both my friends Lin & Virginia inspired me to create a tag for this week's Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.

Having taken all three of Tim Holtz's Creative Chemistry classes, I have a lot of Ranger products, many purchased from Simon Says Stamp. My new Distress Oxide inks were purchased locally but I ended up paying more for them - willing to do that to have them already, but I only bought four colors to start. Now that I know I like them, I'll probably order some more through SSS. Here's my tag:

Happiest with you tag
Supplies: Ranger #8 Manila tag;
Dies - Hero Arts DI334 Nesting Hearts Infinity Dies
Tim Holtz Ideology  Expedition Vellum Ephemera; Found Relatives; Small Talk Stickers
Tim Holtz Mini Stencils #6 (the lacy one of the three)
Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Inks - Cracked Pistachio and Fired Brick; Black Soot Distress Ink
Tim Holtz Distress Vintage Collage Medium
Lace and Ribbon by unknown; staple from a regular office stapler

I started with a new-to-me mini stencil set, stenciling it directly over a #8 tag with Cracked Pistachio. Then I rotated the stencil and used Fired Brick in random spots. I misted it to activate the shimmer properties - so pretty in person. Jennifer McGuire said in her post with introductory video on these inks that they are very forgiving and correctable when you have a blob - totally agree!! If you're expecting the same dark red as the regular Distress Ink for the Distress Oxide, it's not - more like a rich salmon color. Decided to add some vellum ephemera & then had fun sifting through the Found Relatives box to find an image for my tag. Ended up cutting it down into a heart shape like my grandma used to do when popping a couple into her photo album. I coated the tag, vellum elements and photo with the vintage collage medium. I added the lace later to retain the bright ivory color. There was a funny spot on Mr's shirt in the photo so I put a heart die cut over it - hidden, yay! Couldn't find my TH inkable ribbon so I used a scrap I got from a friend - brand unknown. Oh my, it didn't want to ink like the TH ribbon but I worked at it and finally got it colored to match.

Still managing to color something each day for Kathy's 30-day Coloring Challenge; today it was a bear to join my duck and pig.... Thanks for stopping by and hope you have a great weekend!

5 comments:

Betty said...

what a neat tag Linda - so different for you but love it! just got my distress oxide inks - hope to play with them this weekend.

Rosemary said...

beautiful tag, linda!!

snappy scrappy said...

FAB tag!!!

Greta said...

Very creative & artistic, Linda!

Jo Nevill said...

Gorgeous tag, love all your fab details
Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week

Jo x