Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Easter Cross

Hi all - I'm back today with an Easter card I started back in September! Here's the card:

Easter cross
Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White; Authentique patterned; Hero Arts PS622 Foliage Layering Paper
the Paper Studio glitter paper; scrap of brown
Stamps - Hero Arts CL476 With Sympathy (retired) Personal Impressions (UK) Happy Easter (sentiment - retired)
Dies - Hero Arts DI327 Branch Wreath Fancy Die; My Favorite Things Die-namics Blueprints 20
Inks - Tim Holtz Distress Inks; Other - gold gel pen, Michael's gems

I bought several add-ons to the September 2016 My Monthly Hero kit (sold out), including the Branch Wreath Fancy Die. When I die cut it with some brown card stock, it reminded me a bit of a crown of thorns. Crazy? You tell me! I decided to try it with a Spellbinders cross and liked the combo so put both items aside for Easter. Fast forward to yesterday when I finished off the card using a lily from a Hero Arts sympathy set. Lilies always bring Easter to mind for me. Haven't decided who will get this card and I still need to find an inside sentiment to match the religious exterior. Hobby Lobby sells wood block stamps with Bible verses on them so I might end up going there. That will wrap up my Easter cards for this year - yay!

Thanks for stopping by and hope you're enjoying your week!!

5 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

So pretty!

Rosemary said...

beautiful design, linda!!

Greta said...

What a gorgeous cross & I agree about the wreath, Linda--beautiful Easter card! I have to finish up mine & get to the post office!

Bonnie said...

I love how you've placed this beautiful cross inside the wreath! A lovely Easter card, Linda! Happy Easter!

stampingandstitching said...

Linda, your Easter lilies are so pretty and they look great against the lovely sparkly cross! I love the way you've used the wreath as the crown of thorns, no not crazy, I can see what you mean.