Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Saturday, July 8, 2017

Scandinavian Christmas and Rose Birthday cards

Hi all - I can't let my Christmas card production lag during the summer months! Luckily, Merry Monday has a Summer Link-up! We can use it to upload new cards made for challenges offered earlier in the year.

Merry Monday

Today I'm harking back to Challenge 230 - Noel &/or Scandinavian. Karen LK, a friend from the Hero Arts Flickr group, sent me a darling Scandinavian stamp set a while back and I'm just getting a chance to use it. Perfect for this past Merry Monday challenge!

Scandinavian Christmas
Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, American Crafts Christmas (from Target Hot Spot)
Stamps by Hero Arts - CL900 Scandinavian Holiday by Lia, CL540 Christmas Reindeer (retired)
Ink - Festive Berries Distress Ink, Ranger Watering Can Archival (Wendy Vecchi)
Other - gems from Michaels

I just love this American Crafts paper I got last fall at Target - a perfect match for the Scandinavian theme. If you want to get a good start on your Christmas cards, be sure to check out Merry Monday! I try to play every week, even during the summer.

Next up, a birthday card for a friend using more lovely Graphic 45 Botanical Tea paper. I also love the marbled BoBunny Serendipity paper behind the rose panel. I bought two 12x12 sheets of it when I bought the 6x6 paper pad from this collection.

Birthday rose
Supplies: Paper - A2 card by ?, Graphic 45 8x8 Botanical Tea Collection 
Bo Bunny Serendipity Collection (marbled), scraps of other papers
Dies - My Favorite Things Die-Namics Blueprints 20
Hero Arts DI337 Nesting Oval Infinity Dies
Sentiment Stamp from Hero Arts CL661 It's Your Day

That's it for today. I mentioned posting a grad card but unfortunately I got a new phone and all my photos didn't transfer over - bummer. I'll get them off eventually but it's not a priority... Thanks for stopping and enjoy the weekend!!

7 comments:

Rosemary said...

beautiful set of cards, linda!!

Lin said...

What a treat today, Linda! Love them both!

Cindy C. said...

So sweet and simple the Scandinavian Christmas card!! Love the red, white, and black combination. And a very lovely birthday greeting!! Thanks for sharing.

Betty Keefe said...

I'm sure you won't have a hard time finding a Scandinavian to send that pretty card to in Minnesota - and the rose card is so soft and pretty - your friend will love it!!

Dawn Turley said...

fabulous Linda. Love the red one and the roses card is so pretty

Jean said...

These are both gorgeous! Wonderful product choices as always!

Greta said...

2 wonderful cards, Linda! I really love the elegant, beautiful BD card!