Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, August 27, 2017

Sew Happy Birthday

Hi all - I'm sharing a birthday card I made for my sister. She celebrates #60 tomorrow but she already received the card so I'll post it today. Tami loves to sew & quilt, so this was perfect for her!

sew happy
Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White & A2 marbled card, 
Paper Studio glitter,Basic Grey and Authentique patterned, Pop-tone Black Licorice
Stamps - Lawn Fawn Sewn With Love
Dies - Hero Arts Happy Stamp & Cut, Lawn Fawn Sewn With Love Lawn Cuts
Other - strip of washi, Michael's gems

What do you think of the staging for the photo? I'm not big on doing that but I popped a handmade doily (made by one of my Mom's friends) and some buttons into the scene. Looks so vintage! Speaking of quilts, I don't think I ever shared a photo of the quilt Tami made me for my retirement.

Quilt ensemble

The pattern is the Bali Wedding Star and, besides the quilt, Tami made the bedskirt, valance, and purple pillow shams (the decorative pillow was store bought). I love purple and Tami found the yummiest batik prints in that color! Thanks again to a talented sister!!

That's it for today - hopefully I'll have time later to create a card for the last week of the Merry Monday Summer Link-up. Thanks for stopping by and I appreciate your kind comments!!

4 comments:

Lin said...

WOW, Linda, thanks so much for sharing that magnificent quilt! It is beautiful and certainly a work of love!

Your sewing theme card looks great, too - and the staging works well with it!

Rosemary said...

what a beautiful card you created for your sister linda!! love the staging, too!! and wow... the quilt your sister made is just gorgeous!!

Jean said...

Absolutely perfect for your sister and what a quilt (what a talent!).

Greta said...

Oh my goodness--what a talented sister! That quilt is a treasure--not to mention the rest of the ensemble! I know she loved the card you made for her--so special & personalized! Your staging is perfect, Linda--still keeps the card as the focus which sometimes gets lost when people have so much staging the card ends up tiny!