Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Holiday Thank You Cards

Hey everyone - hope you had a wonderful Christmas if you were celebrating it! I had a great time with my Mom & Dad at their house, along with my brother & his wife. My two sisters wisely stayed in Arizona, rather than brave the below zero temps in Minnesota - can't blame them! I made a lovely ham dinner - did the ham in a crockpot using a Betty Crocker online recipe. Marinade was 1/2 cup each of Dijon Mustard, maple syrup, & brown sugar - yum!

Came home yesterday and got busy making thank you cards for holiday gifts from friends and family. Even though we don't really exchange gifts among our family anymore, I still got a couple of ornaments. I got a lot of snacks from friends which I really appreciate, even if my waistline doesn't!! I made 16 thank you cards, mostly variations of those in the top photo.



Supplies: Paper - Michael's Christmas red cards (3.5x5"); Stampin' Up Lost Lagoon; Hero Arts Daffodil, Pop-tone Black Licorice and Sour Apple, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, BoBunny Tis the Season & Altitude Collections 6x6
Dies - My Favorite Things Blueprints 20 (retired) & Thank You Circle Frame; Impression Obsessions DIE024-X Snowflakes Die Set & DIE241-Z Snowflakes Cutout; Lawn Fawn Stitched Snowflakes; Poppystamps Spectacular Thank You
Stamps - Hero Arts CL368 Create Your Own Snowman - retired (holly)
Other - Copic Markers, foam tape, Icy Stickles, DCWV gems, Doodlebug enamel dots, Stick-It

I applied Stick-It to a full sheet of green card and die cut the circle frames. I used 3x3 chunks of card and after die cutting, decided the negative looked good enough to use. That way I didn't waste the Stick-It! I was, however, too lazy to find the teeny bits of the letters that had fallen all over the floor....

Today I finished them up, wrote notes inside and mailed them - whew! That was a marathon! Now, if we had a challenge blog like Merry Monday for Christmas thank you cards, maybe I'd have been in better shape - LOL. Thanks for stopping and, speaking of Merry Monday, be sure to stop back on New Year's Day to kick off a new year of  challenges!

7 comments:

Lin said...

Love them all, Linda! Glad to hear you had a lovely Christmas with family.....wishing you all the best in 2018!

Betty said...

sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas, Linda1 that ham recipe sounds really yummy. i'm in texas and it's not much warmer here, but fun being with my daughter and family. happy 2018!!

Rosemary said...

your thank you notes are just fabulous, linda!! I especially like the middle two done in the icy blues!!

Jean said...

These are absolutely delightful! Happy New Year!

Greta said...

Love those circle frame die cuts & the negatives are cool without the little pieces--great cards, Linda! Sounds like a wonderful Christmas & wow--14 thanks yous means you were a good girl this year--haha! Stay warm--can't believe the temps I see in Minnesota!

Bonnie said...

I got that circle thank you die for Christmas! I'm glad for some inspiration! I'll be CASEing you. I'm glad you had a good Christmas and hope that your have a wonderful, creative new year!

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

These are just fabulous Linda! LOVE them! Have a happy and healthy 2018! Love & Hugs. Hazel xx